Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Tomorrow.  Tomorrow is the day we board the plane and fly to Israel.  Wish I could sing that song - "All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..."  At least I can say I'm almost there.  Everything seems so unreal.  It's just another trip we are packing for and leaving tomorrow.  But it's not.  It's a trip Mike has dreamed of taking for years, and have attempted twice before.  So, what are my thoughts right now?  Well, last night at midnight they were swirling around in my head.  Do I have everything out ready to be packed?   Will I be able to go?  (had sore throat, fever & chills -- but now taking an antibiotic and feeling better)  Why am I so anxious?  Did I remember to do this?  Etc., etc., etc.  This past week has been a full week with a lot of things happening.  Just thinking about being on that airplane for 15 hours is enough to make you anxious.  Every morning after my quiet time, I always read from Jesus Calling.  It is one of my favorite books.  It always seems to be right on for me at the right time.  I have learned to call on Him more when things get stressful or anxious, to be more thankful even when things aren't going my way, to call on Him more often in the middle of the day just because, just to name a few.  Things like that are life changing.  It happened again this morning.  After a restless night thinking about the trip, hoping I get well enough to go, making to do lists, hoping I get it all done, I was reassured by His word.  Part of the devotion this morning stated, "Thank Me in the midst of the crucible.  When things seem all wrong, look for growth opportunities.  Especially, look for areas where you need to let go, leaving your cares in My able hands.  Do you trust Me to orchestrate your life events as I choose, or are you still trying to make things go according to your will?   .....  Be on the lookout for what I am doing in your life.  Worship Me by living close to Me, thanking Me in all circumstances."   Verses stated were
 I Peter 5:6-7 and I Thessalonians 5:18.  Look them up and let them bless you.

Now, for the trip, we are so excited for this opportunity.  One of the sweetest things happened yesterday.  Denver, our oldest grandson, has been learning about all those things I once learned as a child.  One of the things that really stuck with him is Jerusalem.  He wants to go.  He told his mom he wants to go see Mt. Rushmore, the Statue of Liberty, and Jerusalem.  When I told him I was going to Jerusalem he got really excited and wanted to go with us.  Well, since he couldn't, he asked, "Nana, will you facetime me from the tomb?  I want to see it empty."  Oh, the faith of a small child.  He hasn't seen, yet believes.  He knows that tomb is empty.  It will make it an even more special visit thinking about Denver's faith.  I had to explain to Denver that I couldn't do that because the tomb probably didn't have wifi.  We promised him a picture and maybe even a video.  That is just one stop on our trip.  I look so forward to a time of worship as we walk were Jesus walked.  Continue to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment